Thursday, July 26, 2018

SCHEDULE CHANGE

Proverbs 16:3
Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts will be established


Some easily get things all messed up by the way they work and think,
God gives the best procedure here so that His children will not sink.
When your work is ordered by Him, your thinking greatly improves,
And when this is correctly in place, our Father definitely approves.
So you have been so flustered, because you mind is all askance,
Just remember to do things God's way and give Him another chance.  (RP)

My modified barium swallow study has been moved from July 30, to August 6.  The speech and swallow therapist had me eat a nutrition bar with the help of applesauce, to see how it would go down. She also had me take some plain water,( just a little bit),  my first since last December. She wanted to feel my swallowing process by placing her hands on my throat as I swallowed. She also did another new thing on me: she placed stretchy elastic tape which pulled upward on my larynx (voice box) to help with swallowing (possibly).  It sometimes opens up the throat more for effective swallowing. It actually did help, I noticed. The tape this morning is making my neck pretty itchy, so I may remove it. She also found a scar tissue on my neck where the "T" comes together (with the sternotomy). I am to massage this tissue with vitamin E lotion and see if it reduces. She is concerned that this could affect the swallowing process also. Thanks so much for praying.

No comments: