Tuesday, July 24, 2018

KEEPING COOL

Psalm 103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name!

We come into the presence of the Lord and give Him praise,
With heart and soul and all we have, to Him our voices raise.
All we have and are belong to Him, and we bless His holy name,
And desire with our whole heart His goodness and love to proclaim.  (RP)

Keeping cool is important during these hot days. Fortunately, as a child, I watched my parents and grandparents and uncle keep their Phoenix homes delightfully cool in the summer. Evaporation coolers are what they used. Now, I have several of them in my house. The main room to keep cool, as far as I am concerned, is the bedroom. Here is how it worked last night.  The house was registering 81 degrees inside. So my bedroom was hot.  I filled the cooler with water, opened the sliding door in my bedroom, and also the bathroom window. This created a cross ventilation situation. As the hot air was drawn through the wet filters of the cooler, it cooled down considerably. By the time I went to bed, the temperature was 70 degrees.  From 81 to 70 on a hot day really feels good. Thanks for praying. 

No comments: