Sunday, March 18, 2018

SPRINGTIME

Psalm 46:10  Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

A wise word from the Lord is here; may we heed what He has to say,
You and I know that we hustle about and hardly have time to pray.
So in a simple command the Lord comes and says "be still,"
And He does this so we will know Him and always do His will.
When we truly do as He says, our lives will count for Him,
And He will be exalted and our joy will be filled to the brim.  (RP)

Every year it still takes me by surprise. I'm talking about Spring. At the grocery store the flowers were freshly on display. When I drove to Lynden. a tree was completely covered with beautiful pink flowers. Then I came home and the rose bush which I had intended to prune, had green new leaves. The grass in our lawn needs cutting, and my yard man will come and do that soon. Spring, that intriguing time of the year that happens near Easter, to remind us of new beginnings and the resurrection of Jesus. I trust you will have a blessed day worshiping at church. Thanks so much for praying.

No comments: