Tuesday, October 9, 2018

VIVID MEMORIES

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.(RP)

Oh how great to trust God's sovereignty and His providence Divine,
And to know He leads me daily with all the troubles that are mine.
He has a reason for each thing knowing best how to direct my way,
Cheer up fellow Christian, let God do His work, as you trust Him day by day.  (RP)

A year ago today as I had said goodbye to Margie, and reaching for the door knob to go into the garage to the car, something happened I will never forget. I was going to church to sit there to be of any service to any who may need my help. We had no pastor at that time. With hand on the door knob I looked up and Margie was looking in my direction, talking, but forming no understandable words. I looked at her and said, "Oh honey, you are having a stroke." I called 911, they examined and took tests, and she left the house for the last time. I wanted her to get that well-known shot that helps stroke victims. There is about a two hour window, I believe, where, if administered, will give quality life to the patient. In the first hours, the therapist was already putting her through speech therapy, but I could tell her communication ability was fading quickly. The whole scene is pretty tender to me, and I am in tears as I write this. But through it all I was aware Margie and I served a sovereign God who makes no mistakes. How sweet to trust Him. Thanks dear friends for your faithful prayer support to me. It means so much. 

No comments: