Friday, October 19, 2018

MARGIE'S ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY HOME GOING.

MARJORIE POULSON
(07-16-1930 -- 10-19-2017)

Psalm 34:3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together.

How sweet these words roll off the tongue; they teach me precious things.
In '54 we said our vows; this verse in our hearts, and on our fingers, rings. 
My mind goes back a year ago, when I said goodbye to her, on my way to "work."
At the church, I talked and prayed with folks, my duty I did not want to shirk.
When I said goodbye to Margie, she mumbled some unknown words, because she was having a stroke.
I called the paramedics; they took her to St. Joseph E.R. She never again spoke.
My heart was heavy as she tried to talk,and say some words; the stroke had taken its toll.
Her condition grew worse and they tried everything; I knew the countdown was there.
Heart monitors were removed, and eating stopped, and of the result, I was fully aware.
I sat for hours holding her hand, trying to sing through my tears, as my heart broke,
But down deep inside, there was still God's peace, giving grace, just like He spoke.
Her hospital room was her Hospice House, graciously provided by the staff.
And it was touching indeed the care received, and love given on their behalf.
My family and friends and her doctor were there, to spend time by her failing side,
But I know way down deep in her heart, by her Savior she wanted to abide.
On October 19, at 8 pm, after 12 hours with her that day, I had to rest.
Two hours later I received the call: she died at 10:15. She had done her BEST.
Now with Jesus, in her heavenly home, we rejoice that her long battle was won,
I think when she met Jesus and knelt at His feet, she heard His words: WELL DONE. 
Thank God He allowed me to live with her for sixty-three wonderful, special years,
And the memories are great of those precious times; I'll see her again when He appears. 

(Written October 18, 2018, 7:00 PM – Ralph Poulson)



No comments: