Friday, February 16, 2018

BELIEVE IT OR NOT


Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Oh how great to trust God's sovereignty and His providence Divine,
And to know He leads me daily with all the troubles that are mine.
He has a reason for each thing knowing best how to direct my way,
Cheer up fellow Christian, let God do His work, as you trust Him day by day.  (RP)

The verse and poem express my convictions today. Yesterday I failed the barium swallow test. They had a whole array of items for me to swallow, but stopped after only two teaspoons of material. My swallowing mechanism allows food to slip into the lungs. This is not right, so on the 22 nd I start special training with a speech language pathologist.  Hopefully I will learn techniques to help me strengthen muscle groups and whatever else is supposed to work, to help me eat normally again. It may never happen. If not, I already have the peg-tube and feed myself 4 times daily. I learned something else yesterday. I am to brush my teeth often, because I swallow my saliva, and brushing the teeth cuts down dramatically on my getting pneumonia because of the bacteria that comes from the mouth.  I learned something new. Thanks so much for your prayers. Today Rawlie drives me to Swedish hospital where Dr. Sniezek will do a procedure on my vocal chords. It may change my voice, and hopefully help me be able to talk better. I'll report as things happen.

No comments: