Tuesday, June 12, 2018

DYSPHAGIA MECHANICAL/TRANSITIONAL


As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said,Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.Acts 13:2



God has a place for each to work in His harvest field so great,

He uses those who seek His face and upon Him patiently wait. (RP)



How do you like the title of today's blog?   That is a mouthful (no pun intended). My speech/swallow  therapist gave me this plan when she slowly started me on semi-solid food. The food consists of moist, soft-textured and simple-to-chew foods that form easily into a cohesive bolus. You ask, "What is bolus?"  Bolus is a small rounded mass of a substance especially of chewed food at the moment of swallowing. The menu she gave me  makes me "dizzy".  I realize how easy I have had it with Peg-tube feeding. No menus to worry about, No preparation for meals, etc. So now I start on a new journey which will test my ability (or lack thereof) during this transition period.  I appreciate your prayers as I work my way through this process. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are doing so well. I haven't read your blog for a long time and the Lord reminded me to read. It is always a blessing. I was sad yet rejoiced at Iola's Homegoing. She was a remarkable woman of God. Even made an impression on my nephew in that regard. God has kept me in the palm of his hand, answering many of my prayers of need. Keep up the work on the exercises and other "homework". Later, Friend! Cris Hall