Tuesday, September 22, 2015

HOME

And Elisha sent a messenger to him, saying;Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh shall be restored to you, and you shall be clean;But Naaman became furious, and went away and said;Indeed, I said to myself, 'He will surely come out to me, and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, and wave his hand over the place, and heal the leprosy.
2 Kings 5:10-11 

Naaman came seeking a cure, for his leprosy so very vile,
And was furious beyond degree and was instantly very hostile.
Elisha gave him the message, but he wanted to be cured his way,
But at last he followed God's orders and,his leprosy vanished away.
How many times have we argued with God, wanting him to bless our plan,
And then we finally discovered, that God has the best answer for man.(RP)

I arrived home yesterday before lunch. Ruth Johnson, a member of the Friday Bible class got me at the airport and brought me home. I appreciated this so much.  It was good to be back home. The trip to Anchorage was unbelievably special for me. To be able to do Marlene Poulson's memorial service was such a privilege. And to spend a little more time with my brother Harold was cherished greatly. Margie and Gina greeted me at home. Gina and Rawlie and Monique cared for Margie while I was away. We appreciate this very much. In fact, I could not have gone, if there was no one to be with Margie. They did a wonderful job of caregiving and we thank them for it. Margie prepared my favorite meal upon my arrival: Swiss steak.How delicious was that! So, I am glad to be home, but thankful for the opportunity to be with my brother a few hours this last weekend. Thanks for praying. 

No comments: