Thursday, March 19, 2015

GRAND PRIX

And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.Luke 23:33

On Calvary's hill He was crucified; His blood was shed for me,
When He arose, salvation was complete, for all to be made free.
The men who died with Him that day, were on either side of Him,
One humbly asked to be with Him, on a day that was very dim.
Jesus promised paradise that day, and when he died he was there,
And all who receive Jesus as Savior, are forever under His care. (RP)

I was asked to speak at our church's AWANA Grand Prix last night. It is always more difficult to hold the attention of children. I have always been able to do it, using visuals, illustrations, etc. Last night I used Power Point to illustrate my message and it worked well. Parents and children were present and the excitmement ran high. When I spoke I explained to all of them that this would be the quietest time of the evening. Thankfully they paid good attention and it was quiet. There were those present who are unchurched and the gospel was given, so we pray it will bring results. The most wonderful thing about last night was that Margie was able to be with me. She got pretty tired before it was over, so right after I spoke, we came home.  Thanks for praying. 

No comments: