Saturday, February 4, 2017

MEMORIAL SERVICE

Psalm 121:1-2  I will lift up my eyes to the hills-From whence comes my help? 2 My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

Some find it hard to look up, perhaps their thoughts do not go that way ,
Worried and concerned about earthly things, they just don't have time today.
King David gives some healthy advice; look up to the hills my friend,
When you look to the hills, you look beyond, and then you will comprehend.
Because when you look up you will see the Lord, waiting to give you aid,
Then you start anew in fellowship sweet, and for sure you will not be afraid. (RP)

This afternoon in Marysville, Washington we are supposed to officiate in a memorial service for Kathleen Kearns, the daughter of our long time friend Armond Daws. The road conditions have been very precarious, and we do not know if we can make it or not. Alternate plans were made. I will send my funeral message to Linda, Armond's daughter, who will find someone to read it. But we hope that will not have to happen. Lord willing we plan on leaving early so we can drive slowly. Going south we are told the road conditions get better. We pray that is so. Thanks so much for praying. 

No comments: