Saturday, October 28, 2017

SURPRISE

Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.Hebrews 13:15

.
Thanksgiving is the name of the game as we walk with Him each day,
Remember to give Him praise my friend in everything you say. (RP)

Before we went to the burial service yesterday for Margie, I wanted to use her Bible for the Scripture reading. When I opened it, I found a green sheet of paper with Margie's handwriting, and it was her wishes for the burial and memorial services. I had a good cry reading that. We were not doing it the way she had asked, but of course we had no idea this was in her Bible. Impressive to me was her wishes written in simple words: "Ralph, preach Jesus". We agreed as her family, that even though we were not doing this the way she desired, that we were honoring her. That is for sure. The service was short, emotional and honoring to the Lord and dear Margie. Thanks so much for praying.

No comments: