Tuesday, June 23, 2015

MIXED MESSAGES

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 
And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.

No matter the problems we have, God promises grace to sustain,
And all who upon Him depend, have no need for any to explain.
God's grace is our friend indeed, through the thick and thin of the fight,
We get strength from our Savior in weakness; we are held by His might.(RP)

Margie's doctor called to say the recent blood work indicated there is no serious problem with the kidneys. This was such encouraging news. She is able now to cut down on the water intake which will be a relief also. Then in the afternoon with no forewarning, her toe starting aching acutely. She has had the problem before of the ingrown toenail. We packed cotton under the nail to try to get some relief. Her foot doctor only had an opening today. I knew she couldn't go through the night this way. I took her to a walk-in clinic which is run by the Family Network, to which we belong. Amazingly, because her foot was elevated before and while talking to the doctor,the pain let up, and he said there was no visible infection or serious problem that he could see. He sent us home with instructions to soak the foot well and keep it elevated. And so far all has been well. I cancelled the foot doctor appointment for today (yesterday) but the walk-in clinic doctor said it would be wise to see him. So I left a message on the phone to try to get Margie in there today. I pray she can.  During the night she had a scary episode. She called me out of a sound sleep and said she had fallen. She was half off the bed, trying to stand up and slipped. We finally got her upright and we pray all will go well now. Thanks so much for praying. 

No comments: