Saturday, September 30, 2017

LATE FOR FUNERAL

Proverbs 15:1
 A soft answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.

Harsh words abound in the language today, they cause anger, hard feelings, and strife.
The words cut so deeply and are hurtful to all and they inflict a deep cut like a knife.
They cause anger and problems too severe to control, and bad feelings are the result,
So no one should ever us words of this kind, no child, adolescent, young person, or adult.
Soft answers are pleasing to our Lord up above, he takes pleasure in those who thus speak,


So next time you are tempted to answer roughshod, breathe deeply,imitate Jesus, and be meek. (RP)

Embarrassed. That's all I can say about the funeral I conducted yesterday. We taught the morning Bible class, and came home to have a bit to eat before going to the funeral. I was at the computer, the phone rang, and it was the son of the lady for whom I was having the service. He said the service started at noon. It was 5 minutes after 12 when he called. I don't have a clue what happened. Apparently I thought it started at 1. When I arrived, I apologized and explained that was a first in my 65 years of funerals. Fortunately before I arrived (20 minutes lalter), the bagpiper played hymns. What an experience! Thanks for praying. 

No comments: