Saturday, September 23, 2017

PREPARATION

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and 
thirsty land Where there is no water..
Psalm 63:1

When in the desert all by yourself how do you commune with God?
Do you sleep on more and take more rest, and continue with a nod?
King David teaches much today with this early morning act
He sought the Lord so early on before other things distract
His soul was thirsty for his God and his body felt it too,
So he called upon the Lord right there His refreshment to pursue.
Oh what consolation for us when we early seek the Lord,
Knowing very well we'll get it and great will be our reward.(RP)

We are thankful for Saturday, a day when we can get caught up in any preparation that is necessary for the Sunday ministry. I feel this way about the Sunday School class. Although I am prepared to teach, I like more time for prayer and meditation on the subject we are teaching. Yesterday we attended the Norma Kremser funeral. I was asked to read Scripture for it. Our Bible class in the morning also went well. We had new ones attend. Thanks for praying. 

No comments: