Saturday, September 24, 2016

LIGHT

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 2 Corinthians 12:7

We don't always get what we want, but God gives what He deems best,
And because He always knows what we should have, in this we rest. 
Sometimes God gives a thorn in the flesh; something that gnaws away,
We want this problem to go away, but God invariably wants it to stay. 
Things happen to the child of God, to make him humble and mature,
And God uses them to help us all, by making us content and secure. (RP)

When I turned the light off in my office last night, then went back in for something, the light would not work. So this morning I guess I go to Ace Hardware and see what I can do about getting another light fixture. It is cool this morning so I turned on the furnace. I will spend part of this day putting final touches on the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. Our regular teacher is on vacation. I am glad to help. We trust your day goes well. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: