Tuesday, September 20, 2016

AT CHURCH

James 3:7-8 
For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

God's handiwork is amazing, vast, and perfect in all its ways,
We see it and marvel excitedly, and all the wonderful displays,
God has given to man the ability to control and tame these things,
They include many beasts of the field, and those that have wings.
But with this ability in dominating nature, one problem remains,
God says no one can control the tongue; evil and poison still reigns.
So the answer to this is God Himself; He alone can tame our speech,
Christ relieves the untamed tongue, and his help is within our reach. (RP)

Today I will be at church to be available if my help is needed with any matters. I enjoy the time spent there, and of course it reminds me of the years we were allowed to minister there as pastor. While there I usually am able to do some necessary things on my laptop computer, like the weekly prayer sheet. Tonight the elders have a meeting so I will be away from home most the day. Fortunately Margie can call me anytime she needs me and I can be home in about 10 minutes. Thanks for praying. 

No comments: