Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Rose buds

John 15:4-5
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

Abiding in Christ - His provision for us. What a wonderful place to be,
And to think He abides in us. This is so wonderful to see. 
We cannot bear fruit alone, we must be in the Vine,
Abiding in the Him brings joy and truly our lives do shine.
Bearing fruit for the Master is our service, we cannot do it alone
,Eternity will reveal our works when we bring sinners to His throne. 
I know that I can do nothing without my Savior's aid,
But all that I do is for Him and all the credit upon him is laid.(RP)

When our daughter Joy died, we purchased a rose bush. The name is Knock-out Pink.  It's our constant reminder of Joy.  I water it daily, give it Miracle Gro weekly.  Last night when watering, I counted 141 buds on it, and stopped counting.  It is amazing.  What a pleasant memory it gives us!  I am in the last phase of correcting the edited pages of our book.  I will then print a copy to be read again.  After that Laurel said she wanted to read it once more.  We are happy with her thoroughness.  Thanks so much for praying.  Today is physical therapy for Margie.   

No comments: