Thursday, May 7, 2015

DAY OF PRAYER

The 64th annual National Day of Prayer-MAY 7 
Theme: 
Lord, Hear Our Cry. 
I Kings 8:28 
Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. 

Lord we humbly come into Your presence, asking that you will us today, 
We want our hearts prepared by You for the things we are going to say.
Our cry is from our weakness to the strength we find in You, oh God.
We earnestly ask You to help us pray more, so you don't have to prod.
Help us to overflow with intercession dear Lord, because we love you so,
But in our haste please teach us and daily as we pray, may we grow.(RP)

We pray many will participate on this national day of prayer. Our prayer meeting is this afternoon and we look forward to it.  Last night we had an experience that demonstrated God's goodness to us. After supper in Bellingham, the switch to start the car would not move. I consulted with some others, after trying what worked for me in the past. Nothing worked. I called our roadside service AAA, and their suggestions did not work either. I sent a text to our son who was on the road returning home from work. Then I called him and when he got home, went online to do a " Google" on the model of car we own, and phoned me back with a procedure I could try.  I did and it worked. Praise the Lord. We are grateful to our son for the help given. We would have waited 2 hours to have the car towed home, because there were no locksmiths open in the entire city of Bellingham.  So ended our day. We rejoiced in answered prayer and the help our son gave us.  Thanks for praying. 
(Please see our web page)

No comments: