Sunday, June 2, 2013

Missions Sunday

John 13:14 
If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.

The servant heart of Jesus is a lesson for us all,
When I read this humble story it's the best I can recall.
Jesus showed such lovely humbleness, so what is the lesson for me?
He surely expects me to practice it on others, you see. (RP)

Today missionaries Rick and Lisa Caynor are at our church giving a report of their ministry in Thailand.  We look forward to this.  Last night I took my brother to E.R. where he received medication and other treatment for a salivary gland that had apparently inflamed and was causing much distress, including headaches.  So that was an eventful evening.  In the afternoon we received a call from our good Brazilian friend, Inaçio, bringing us up to date on some developments in Brazil.  It was an enjoyable time listening and using our Portuguese.  The vertigo attacks I had previously are diminishing, for which I am thankful.  Thanks for praying. 

No comments: