Tuesday, October 11, 2016

ELDER MEETING

Ephesians 2:8-9  
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

There is just one way to get saved; these words tell us how,
Just listen to them and accept this beautiful gift right now.
By faith we take what is written here and make it our own,
And by doing this I can assure you, you are never alone. 
All the work in the world will not save you; that is very plain,
And if you were to try it out, your effort would be mundane.
We cannot boast of what God gives, so be content my friend,
Accept the gift of eternal life and always on our God depend. (RP)

Today I will be at the church office for a few hours. I enjoy the time to talk to those who drop in, have prayer, and help in any way I can. I also take advantage of the time to work on lessons and do the prayer sheet for the prayer meeting and Sunday bulletin.  Margie will be here at home. She prepares me an early lunch so I don't have to take it with me. Tonight I will return to the church for a meeting. Thanks for praying. 

No comments: